When recruiting volunteers for your church camp, you want to be sure you have enough people on board to make camp successful. But how do you get the word out? What’s the best way to let people know you need their help? Here are five creative ways to recruit volunteers for your church camp.
- Use word of mouth. This is one of the oldest but most effective methods of recruitment. Ask around and spread the word about your volunteer needs among your church members and friends. You’d be surprised at how many people are willing to lend a helping hand when they know their efforts will benefit the youth in their community.
- Take advantage of social media. Leverage social media by creating an event page on Facebook or Twitter for your camp and regularly post about it so more people can find out about it and join in on the fun! If you’re feeling extra creative, create a hashtag or two so that people can easily follow along with all the updates related to your camp.
- Promote volunteers. Make sure you showcase volunteers who have already signed up! This will encourage more people to join in and make them feel appreciated for the time and effort they put into volunteering at your church camp. Highlight some tasks they’ll be responsible for, and what they can expect during camp (e.g., meals, accommodations, etc.).
- Offer incentives. Consider offering gift cards, exclusive camp volunteer shirts, or other items as incentives for those who devote their time and energy toward making your church camp a success this year. People may be more likely to sign up if there is something in it for them besides helping with your church camp.
- Host recruitment events. Have snacks and informative brochures that provide all the pertinent information regarding volunteering at your church camp this summer Hosting an event where potential volunteers can learn more about volunteering and ask questions is also a great way to get more people interested in helping with your church camp this year.
Volunteerism is an important part of any successful church camp experience, so take some time now to start brainstorming ideas on how you can create a buzz around volunteer recruitment this year! With the right strategies, you should have no problem finding enough volunteers to make this year’s camp a huge success!